Sunday, 1 September 2013

Clay Pits BBQ - August 31st 2013


Following an Enclosure Award in 1868 the area now called the Clay Pits was used by residents of Crunwere Parish for the removal of stones for road repair and clay for domestic heating.

After these activities ceased the area became very overgrown and inaccessible.

Hard-working members of Llanteg Community Association cleared and enhanced the area for recreational purposes, with a very pleasant lawned enclosure and pond.

The first public function was a B.B.Q. which was held on Saturday the 31st August.

The B.B.Q. was well attended and was a most pleasant and enjoyable time with the benefit of a beautiful sunlit evening.

Grateful thanks to all those who have participated in this project for the benefit of the community.